Southeast Life Sciences cultivates, convenes, and connects the Southeast entrepreneurial ecosystem to foster life science innovation in promising companies throughout the region from investors across the country.
Our investor colleagues count on us to present to them the highest potential life science investments the southeast United States has to offer.
For promising young companies from startups seeking six figures to more mature life science innovators seeking seven or eight figures, we introduce you to your next potential investors.
One of the key ways we do this is via PitchRounds at our annual flagship event AdvanSE. The 2022 edition is May 25-27 in Alpharetta, Georgia. AdvanSE is Southeast’s premier, must-attend event for the biopharma, medtech, diagnostic, digital health, and agriculture biotechnology industries wishing to do business in the Southeast region. AdvanSE attracts the best of the southeast’s innovation, research, and people.
PitchRounds 2022 at AdvanSE – APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 8.
We are ready for the most promising innovative life science companies – from startups seeking milestone-based funding at six figure levels from venture capital firms, corporate venture arms, family offices, and angel groups to more mature companies with institutional investors on board seeking future rounds at $1MM to $15MM plus – to apply for PitchRounds 2022 at AdvanSE.
Applicants should be planning to execute a funding round, supported by a strong commercialization plan and business strategy, within the next 12 months.
Why apply for PitchRounds 2022 at AdvanSE?
In the past 20 years, 501 PitchRounds presenting companies have raised $7.2 billion dollars. 70 companies subsequently executed M&A and IPO events and counting.
“Three weeks before the 2015 conference, SweetBio wasn’t even incorporated. Six months later, Innova and MB Venture Partners co-led a significant seed round to support FDA 510(k) clearance of our honey-incorporated advanced wound care product. From that first conference, gaining insights and feedback from Randy Scott, David Huizenga, Chris Hooper, and others helped shape our company. From investor insights to introductions to industry advisors and fellow peers, this event has us coming back year after year.” – Kayla Rodriguez Graff, Co-Founder and CEO, SweetBIo
“This conference provided us an incredible opportunity to connect with a large number of diverse life science professionals, which is not always easy to do for life science companies headquartered in the heartland. The exposure to investors and collaborators was instrumental to our early stage company.” – Vance Clement, CEO, Lineus Medical, Pitchrounds participant 2019 and 2021
“By attending AdvanSE, I get to meet some of the leading entrepreneurs and interesting companies in the Southeast. AdvanSE offers exclusive opportunities to network with other investors and strategics and is the one-stop shop for innovation in the region.” – Kyp Sirinakis, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Epidarex Capital
“HealthQuest partners are active participants in reviewing early stage businesses and investing across the healthcare spectrum – including medical devices, healthcare information technologies, diagnostics, novel delivery systems that improve patient outcomes and reduce costs. We find PitchRounds an early preview of companies that are rapidly growing and might become opportunities for investing as they seek growth capital.” – Tom Callaway, Venture Partner, HealthQuest Capital.
Who Will PitchRounds 2022 AdvanSE Presenting Companies Get to Meet?
- Industry strategic partners (and acquirers) attending typically include AbbVie Ventures, AdvaMed, Amgen Ventures, Arbor Pharmaceuticals,, Avanos Medical, Braun Pharmaceuticals, Halyard / Owens and Minor, J&J, Lilly Venture , Medtronic, Merck, Moderna, Pfizer and Smith & Nephew.
Recognized life science investors attending typically include Epidarex Capital, Foxboro Capital, Fulcrum Equity Partners, Hatch Medical, Hatteras Venture Partners, HealthQuest Capital, Kairos Ventures, Keiretsu Forum, Lumira Ventures, Mountain Group Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Osage University Partners, Pappas Capital, Solas Bioventures, Triangle Angel Partners, with top banks including Silicon Valley Bank, JP Morgan, Life Oak Bank, Pacific Western Bank, and large regional investors like CED (Center for Entrepreneurial Development), Georgia Research Alliance Venture Fund, NC Biotechnology Center, University Of Florida Innovate Venture, and UVA Licensing And Venture Group Seed Fund.
- Top FDA consultants, intellectual property and business attorneys, the state BIOs of the Southeast, contract manufacturers, university tech transfer professionals from top southeastern universities, and more.
APPLY FOR PITCHROUNDS AT ADVANSE 2022 NOW – PRESENTING OPPORTUNITIES ARE LIMITED
For PitchRounds 2022 at AdvanSE we have 20 coveted spots available for young companies, 10 available for more mature innovators with at least one institutional investor on board.
Winners will pitch and compete against similar staged companies to an audience interested in your life science sector. No other programming, speakers, or panels will compete against the three pitch rooms running. Finalists in both early stage and late stage will compete in a “Shoot Out” before all AdvanSE 2022 patrons in attendance.
Companies selected to present during PitchRounds at AdvanSE 2022 further enjoy:
- An assigned SLS board member or industry partner “guide” who will make critical introductions to investors, peers or solution providers based on need: think IP attorneys, design and development experts, industry leading preclinical service providers, business attorneys, FDA consultants, accountants and other aligned professionals in the ecosystem.
- Focused attention – PitchRounds presentations will be the sole focus of morning sessions on May 25th and 26th. Presentations will not compete with any other conference programming. Finalists will compete in a “shootout” to determine the PitchRounds 2022 winners on the afternoon of May 26th. (Note: early stage companies will not compete directly with later stage companies.)
- Investor access — In addition to the PitchRounds panel of judges, including a variety of qualified investors, we expect representatives from a variety of investor types including angels, VCs, institutional investors and a strong presence of strategics including J&J Innovations, Medtronic, Moderna, Pfizer and others.
- A “Reality check” – Get feedback on your pitch content from neutral outside resources, especially for early stage companies – from a panel of experienced industry experts.
- All access conference registration discount — you don’t have to pitch and run. Selected companies can extend their fundraising, networking and learning opportunities to the entirety of AdvanSE 2022 programming and events with all-access, 2 for 1, registration at the early bird rate of $549.
- Awareness distribution of PitchRounds selection to more than 3,000 industry professionals in Southeast Life Science’s email CRM
Apply for PitchRounds 2022 at AdvanSE today.
We’re looking for the best the southeast life sciences’ innovation ecosystem has to offer. Apply for PitchRounds 2022 and your chance to accelerate your innovation’s pathway to commercialization today.